An exceptional Hill viola bow sold in 1936 to Lady Verney of Claydon House, part time home of Florence Nightingale in Buckinghamshire, now under the management of the National Trust.
Lady Verney was a prominent musician and professor of music at the Guidhall School of Music and Drama.
This bow has been kept in incredible condition, appearing almost unused.
It is made from excellent pernambuco, strong yet flexible and mounts of ebony and silver.
A great bow for professionals, advancing students or collectors alike.
Better quality photos to follow.